Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Bare Escentuals 100% Natural Lip Color

Hey green beauty gals!  I recently discovered a new lipstick I wanted to share with you that I think you're going to love: it's Bare Escentuals' 100% Natural Lip Color.  I love this lipstick because while its formulation is natural it feels like a traditional lipstick, which is hard to find.  It's creamy, leaves my lips conditioned and is long-lasting.  Plus, it's easy to find and not that expensive at $15 a pop.  And with a recent report that lead (among other toxins) is still prevalent in mass lipstick brands just cements the fact that natural is the way to go.  It's difficult to find natural lipsticks in person and makeup is something you just need to try to ensure the color works for you.  Several natural lipsticks are only available online or in specialty stores and I want to make sure the products I'm recommending aren't impossible to find! 

Bare Escentuals in itself isn't a natural brand, but they have some new products - including their 100% natural lip color - that are made without chemicals (yay!).  That means no artificial dyes, preservatives or irritants whatsoever.  The nourishing blend combines pure minerals, exotic oils, natural waxes and conditioning plant extracts.  So it seems like at least some mainstream companies are listening and making some formulation changes, which is great news.

Sephora carries Bare Escentuals' 100% Natural Lip Color in only eight colors but many other colors are available at department stores like Nordstrom's and Macy's.  My favorites are Rock Candy (a soft, primrose pink), Parfait (a neutral pink shade) and Black Currant (a ripe blackberry shade).  I like to layer a gloss on top of the lipstick for just the right amount of shine.  I plan on testing out Bare Escentual's other 100% natural products soon, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment